The ECB should not take counterfeit collateral
In 2008, Lehman pledged defective collateral to lenders; today the European Central Bank is accepting alarmingly similar products as security
This article is available only to Creditflux subscribers and free trial users within 30 days of publication.
Already a subscriber? Not logged in? Click here to login.
This trial will give you:
- 4-weeks' free online access to our
most recent subscriber-only articles
- Daily breaking news alert sent by email
- A print copy of Creditflux
If you currently have a free trial, you will see this message when you try to view articles older than 30 days.
- Continuous par build can provide a rainy-day fund for when downgrades to triple Cs pour in 22 days ago
- Superficial analysis in the press fails to account for critical differences between CLOs and CDOs 22 days ago
- Bankruptcies emerge across range of industries 22 days ago
- High yield bonds regain lost ground 22 days ago
- Managers slide down term curve 22 days ago